This image was tone mapped for previewing. view the non-tone mapped preview here
Download The HDR Now – 19.1 MB
For more information on how to use this HDR, read the instructions and FAQ
- Licence: Creative Commons 0/Public Domain
- Dynamic Range: 20.46 Stops
- Original Size: 29184 x 14592 – Uploaded at 12.5% original resolution
- Camera: Canon EOS 70D
- Lens: Canon 18-135 STM
- Set EV: +13.988 @ 100 ISO – You can adjust the exposure after the fact if you need
- Coverage: 360 x 180
- Date Taken: 11/29/2015 2:43 – 2:59 PM
- Location: Northern United States
This sun-capturing HDR has a full 360×180 range, and stores the light found in the early evening. In this one the color of the sun was tuned for best results.
Test Render @ 8,192 samples
The sun in this one was a little desaturated, and I think it was due to lack of sufficient ND filters. I need to go down about 2-3 stops. The problem is, at around this point, IR light starts to flood the sensor, and ND IR filters are quite pricey, so for now I will tweak the color of the sun in post. It may seem “inaccurate” but as long as the desired light, colors and reflections are achieved, no harm has been done.