- Licence: Creative Commons 0/Public Domain
- Dynamic Range: 22.38 Stops
- Camera: Canon EOS 70D
- Lens: Canon 18-135 STM
- Set EV: +12.14 @ 100 ISO – You can adjust the exposure after the fact if you need
- Coverage: 360 x 168.1
- Date Taken: 11/22/2015 7:58 – 8:06 AM
- Location: Northern United States
This HDR captures the full dynamic range of the sun. It has a few weak points in the stitching and merging; however, it is still quite useful for most purposes.
I was inspired to create this HDR by Greg Zaal’s Mpumalanga Veld HDR which also captures the full brightness of the sun. Most of my workflow is based on the one Greg Zaal shared.
Test Render @ 128 samples
Keep a checklist of camera settings, I accidentally left auto white balance on, and had to correct it (Hurrah! for raw files)
Here is a quick checklist:
- Card In Camera
- No Lens Cap
- White Balance
- Media Format (turn raw on)
- Manual Exposure
- Brackets Correct
- shutter and f-stop
- Any Filters?